I’m a resourceful entrepreneur that loves to design and build systems that help people. I am passionate about business and transforming startups (i.e. temporary organizations) into real companies. I’m insatiably curious and I enjoy being challenged as a professional and making something great happen from nothing. I come from a hard working family, so work ethic has never been a problem of mine. I am appreciative for many things in life. My personal life experiences and decisions that I’ve made, both good and bad, have made me who I am today. My core values evolve around both respect and integrity, and I have a deep desire to do great things. Great changes may not happen right away, but with dedication and effort even the difficult may become easy.
I’m always working on myself to become a better person. Professionally, I continually challenge myself to be a better leader, technologist and business strategist.
The experience that I’ve gained and lessons I continue to learn working with early-stage companies, Fortune 500 companies and even NGOs has helped shape my approach towards what it takes to build a successful businesses in today’s digital economy.
I get very excited just thinking about how technology will exponentially improve over the next decade, and how it will continue to positively impact our lives. I’m on a mission to tell amazing stories about people building great things – message me if this is you.
My core beliefs
- Do great things even with smallest opportunities
- Never take anything for granted
- Surround yourself with ‘genuinely good and authentic‘ people
- Help others succeed (success does reciprocate)
- Build things that are meaningful to you
- Relationship building and networking never ends, play the long game
- Never (EVER) quit! Persevere. If failure is imminent, don’t lose slowly
A few more things about me
- I love everything to do with emerging technologies, entrepreneurship and business strategy
- Exceedingly hard on myself to always reach for more (permanent chip on my shoulder)
- Technologist that loves all things software, IoT, AI
- I would be best described as an “experimentalist”. My first entrepreneurial experience was re-selling video games that I modded.
- I enjoy mentoring students to help them succeed (both in-and-out of the classroom)
- I was involved with Big Brothers, Big Sisters for over 10 years
- I genuinely care about the well-being of others (especially SickKids)
- I have a great appreciation for bootstrapping entrepreneurs, the struggle is real
- open source supporter/developer/codie award recipient
- I love to be data-informed. What you measure is what you can improve
- I enjoy espresso’s with a dash of cinnamon, turmeric + ginger tea
- I love sports and athletics, especially the drive, discipline and determination it takes to be a winner